- Practice Areas
Yao Fu Bailey
Yao Fu Bailey’s practice focuses on real estate, with a concentration in commercial leasing and commercial and residential real property transfer, construction law, and corporate law.
Prior to joining the Firm in 1999, Yao had more than 8 years of experience in the practice of law in the People’s Republic of China. Yao was an in-house counsel for a state-owned international trading company in China, and a managing attorney of the Beijing office of a Hong Kong law firm, at which time she represented clients from the Western countries in their businesses in China in a wide range of legal matters, including corporate law, contracts, joint ventures, and real estate.
Yao was born in Jilin, People’s Republic of China, and received her legal education both in China and the United States. Yao earned her LL.B from Peking University School of Law in 1987 and her LL.M. from University of Washington School of Law in 1998. Yao was admitted to the bar in New York in 1999. She is also a member of the New York State and City Bar Associations. Languages: Mandarin.
Professional & Community Involvement:
- Member, Association of Real Estate Women
- Member, Women Builders Council
- Advisory Board Member and Legal Counsel, LMNOP, Inc.
Representative Speaking Engagements:
- Panel Member in a program entitled “Architecture Law: Contract Negotiation, Intellectual Property and Claims” presented by Hudson Valley Bank
- Co-presented a seminar with Robert F. Herrmann on “Changes to the AIA B101™-2007 Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Architect”
- Contributed to Law for Architects: What You Need to Know. Now available for purchase.