Michiel represents privately held companies and entrepreneurs in connection with general corporate and commercial transactions, including:
- Assisting both U.S. and foreign (including Dutch and other European) clients with establishing their business organizations, including advice with respect to choice of entity and drafting and negotiating of shareholders’, partnership and LLC agreements.
- Representing clients with joint venture contracts, M&A transactions, and various other commercial transactions such as loan and security agreements, sales and distributorship contracts and software licensing agreements.
- Counseling clients with respect to employment matters.
Professional & Community Involvement:
- Director of LawPact, an international association of independent business law firms.
Representative Speaking Engagements:
- Participated in a roundtable discussion on formation of legal entities at Startup Bootcamp for Dutch startups
- Participated in panel presentations on buy-sell agreements and cross-border transactions at LawPact conferences
- Various articles on U.S. legal aspects of doing business in the U.S. for foreign companies.
- Contributed to Law for Architects: What You Need to Know.