Timothy P. Fishertfisher@mhjur.com
- Notre Dame (1969)
- New York University (JD) (1973)
- New York University (LLM) (1976)
Timothy P. Fisher (Of Counsel) has combined tax expertise with general corporate and individual representation to provide fully integrated legal advice to the business community. Over 30 years of experience in income tax, estate tax, pension, ERISA and general business law enables Tim to interpret and resolve client business concerns in a comprehensive manner.
Tim has degrees from University of Notre Dame (BS in Physics) and New York University (JD and LLM Taxation) where he received the American Jurisprudence Award in Taxation. Tim represents closely held businesses and their principals as well as not-for-profit organizations, trusts and estates and individuals regarding estate planning, employment arrangements and benefits and income tax issues. Over the years, Tim has lectured on estate planning, pension and profit sharing plans, ESOPs, new tax legislation, ERISA, and deferred compensation programs for profit and not-for-profit companies and their executives. He has also written articles on ESOPs and for ten years edited the tax chapter of Bertram Harnett’s “Responsibilities of Insurance Agents and Brokers,” published by Matthew Bender & Co.
Peer Review Rating: AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5
Professional & Community Involvement:
- Member of the Town of Pelham Board of Assessment
- Former Trustee of the Village of Pelham Manor
- Member of the Pelham Civics Association
- Director of EurAupair International, Inc., a not-for-profit organization that operates international cultural exchange programs.
- Former Director, for ten years, of the Children’s Oncology Society of New York Inc. (Ronald McDonald House)
Recent Speaking Engagements:
- Panel discussion on Community Medicaid Planning
- CLE presentations on Introduction to Estate Planning and on Intermediate Estate Planning