Paul M. Hellegers started his legal career at Rogers & Wells, after clerking for Judge Christine Nettesheim of the United States Claims Court in Washington. He is a commercial litigator with experience in domestic and international business disputes in the state and federal courts, including complex cases involving accounting, finance and construction issues.
Professional & Community Involvement:
- Chair of the Civil Court Committee of the New York City Bar.
- President of the Lexington Democratic Club in Manhattan.
- Member of the Board of the Wood-Heights Democratic Club.
Representative Speaking Engagements:
- Panel Member in a program entitled "Architecture Law: Contract Negotiation, Intellectual Property and Claims" presented by Hudson Valley Bank
- “Expanding Strict Liability to Design Professionals for Excavation Damage” New York Law Journal, October 12, 2016.
- “Making Sense of the Economic Loss Rule in Construction Cases: Does the Draft Restatement (Third) of Torts Help?” The Construction Lawyer (Journal of the ABA Forum on the Construction Industry), Fall 2013 (Part 1), Winter 2014 (Part 2).
- Contributed to Law for Architects: What You Need to Know.