International Transactions and Litigation
Menaker & Herrmann LLP has extensive experience in international business transactions and litigation. The Firm has represented many foreign clients with respect to various transactions, including investments in U.S. companies, reorganizations of U.S. operations of foreign parent companies, and various commercial agreements such as international sales and distributorship contracts. In addition, the Firm has assisted foreign clients in litigation in U.S. courts and arbitration proceedings involving international commercial disputes. To the extent that these matters involve foreign law aspects, the Firm works closely with local counsel abroad. Many of the Firm’s lawyers have practiced abroad or are familiar with foreign law jurisdictions, including the Netherlands, Bulgaria, Poland, and China. The international background and experience of the Firm’s lawyers facilitates communications with foreign clients and counsel.
- Advised Dutch aerospace company in connection with restructuring and recapitalization of US group companies.
- Acted as counsel to Dutch industrial fibers company in connection with a $2M secured loan for its US subsidiary.
- Represented Dutch flower exporter in connection with an acquisition of a US distributor.
- Assisted Dutch motorcycle apparel company in connection with the formation of a US joint venture company with its US distributor.
- Assisted Dutch and Scottish educational institutions with formation of US alumni clubs.
- Represented Dutch theater organization in connection with Dutch-US festival in New York City.
- Acted as US corporate counsel for Dutch information technology client with operations in New York, London and The Netherlands.
- Advised French and Italian companies on general corporate and employment matters for their US subsidiaries.
- Represented Dutch transmission equipment company in connection with a lawsuit brought by a US manufacturer of fire engines for breach of contract, which resulted in a mediated settlement.