Wojciech’s practice focuses on commercial and corporate dispute resolution. In addition to appearing in federal and state courts and before arbitration panels and administrative panels domestically, Wojciech has experience in international aspects of litigation. He has represented entities and individuals in cases involving property loss claims, construction issues, white-collar crime, personal injury, trade and contract disputes, and claims raising questions under federal labor law. Wojciech also advises clients on international facets of litigation and dispute resolution, as well as criminal and civil facets of various international income reporting obligations.
Prior to joining the Firm, Wojciech was a Senior Assistant District Attorney with the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office where he was part of the Money Laundering and Revenue Crimes Bureau and the Rackets Division. There he concentrated on the investigation and prosecution of business and securities fraud, money laundering, and corporate and individual income and sales tax evasion. He also supervised investigations relating to identification and civil forfeiture of criminally obtained assets.
Professional & Community Involvement:
- Member of the American Bar Association, the New York City Bar, and the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists.
- Member of the New York City Bar Association’s Construction Law Committee.
- Menaker & Herrmann’s representative to the European American Chamber of Commerce-New York Chapter
- Menaker & Herrmann’s liaison with the Law Firm Sustainability Network.
- Court-appointed arbitrator in the New York County Small Claims Court.
Representative Speaking Engagements:
- “Construction Contracts 101: Demystifying Design & Construction Contracts for the Successful Project,” New York City Bar Association, panelist, July 2017
- “A Roadmap to Construction Contracting and Related Legal and Ethical Considerations for Design Professionals” institute for design professionals, lead presenter, April/May 2017
- “Construction Contract Workshop,” Halfmoon Education Inc., lead presenter, March 2017
- “Construction Contracts 201: Contracting for the Complex Construction Project—a Roadmap to the Key Clauses You Need to Know,” New York City Bar Association, panelist, March 2017
- “Expanding Strict Liability to Design Professionals for Excavation Damage” New York Law Journal, October 12, 2016.
- “Recognition of Foreign Judgments in the United States,” New York Example, Trade and Investment Section, Polish Consulate General in New York, June 24, 2013.