Wojciech’s practice focuses on commercial and corporate dispute resolution. In addition to appearing in federal and state courts and before arbitration panels and administrative panels domestically, Wojciech has experience in international aspects of litigation. He has represented entities and individuals in cases involving property loss claims, construction issues, white-collar crime, personal injury, trade and contract disputes, and claims raising questions under federal labor law. Wojciech also advises clients on international facets of litigation and dispute resolution, as well as criminal and civil facets of various international income reporting obligations.
Prior to joining the Firm, Wojciech was a Senior Assistant District Attorney with the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office where he was part of the Money Laundering and Revenue Crimes Bureau and the Rackets Division. There he concentrated on the investigation and prosecution of business and securities fraud, money laundering, and corporate and individual income and sales tax evasion. He also supervised investigations relating to identification and civil forfeiture of criminally obtained assets.
Professional & Community Involvement:
- Member of the American Bar Association, the New York City Bar, and the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists.
- Member of the New York City Bar Association’s Construction Law Committee.
- Menaker & Herrmann’s representative to the European American Chamber of Commerce-New York Chapter
- Menaker & Herrmann’s liaison with the Law Firm Sustainability Network.
- Court-appointed arbitrator in the New York County Small Claims Court.
Representative Speaking Engagements:
- “Construction Contracts 101: Contracting for a Successful Project,” New York City Bar Association, New York, New York (July 17, 2014)
- Panelist in a program entitled “Risk Management Issues in Construction Projects & Contracts,” New York City Bar Association, New York, New York (March 26, 2014)
- “Construction Contracts 101: Agreements Explained & Demystified,” New York City Bar Association, New York, New York (July 18, 2013)
- “Expanding Strict Liability to Design Professionals for Excavation Damage” New York Law Journal, October 12, 2016.
- “Recognition of Foreign Judgments in the United States,” New York Example, Trade and Investment Section, Polish Consulate General in New York, June 24, 2013.