Albena has more than ten years of experience representing clients in bankruptcy, corporate and commercial matters in both civil and common law jurisdictions. She has counseled clients on maximizing their return on secured and unsecured claims, protecting and realizing collateral, foreclosures, D&O insurance, lender liability and on various adversary proceedings and contested matters, including, among others, preference and fraudulent conveyance actions, claim objections and lift stay proceedings. In addition, Albena has experience in transnational commercial litigation and international arbitration.
Albena was recognized as a “Rising Star” in the 2015 edition of New York Metro Super Lawyers.
Professional & Community Involvement:
- Bankruptcy Litigation Committee, Federal Bar Council
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- New York City Bar Association
- Foreign and Comparative Law Committee
- Secretary of European Affairs Committee – 2013-2015
- City Bar Justice Center, Consumer Bankruptcy Project
- Volunteer Attorney