- Practice Areas
- Commercial Litigation/Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Commodities, Futures and Derivatives
- Construction Law
- Corporate and Commercial Transactions
- Employment and Employee Benefits Law
- Health Care Law
- Income Taxation
- Intellectual Property
- International Law
- Real Estate
- Trust and Estates
Menaker & Herrmann LLP has extensive experience in all areas of construction law. The Firm has represented owners, architects, engineers, interior designers, and contractors, both as general outside counsel and as special litigation or arbitration counsel. Because the Firm has represented at different times all parties involved in the construction process, we bring a broad perspective to our clients’ issues. Over the years, the Firm has negotiated countless construction contracts on behalf of its clients. We are well-versed in problem-solving and endeavor to find creative ways to resolve disputes before they become major issues and the subject of litigation or arbitration.
The Firm has also handled numerous construction litigations, arbitrations and mediations involving architects, engineers, owners and contractors on projects such as townhouse renovations, construction of large private residences, renovation of major building systems in cooperative housing apartment buildings and commercial developments and large public construction projects. The Firm has extensive experience working with experts in various areas of construction law, both as consultants and as expert witnesses.
An important element of the Firm’s construction law practice is its corporate and transactional work. We organize partnerships, professional corporations and limited liability companies and partnerships for our clients, guide the restructuring, merger and sale of those entities, help protect their intellectual property and handle employment-related questions as well as other day-to-day business issues that arise in a design professional’s practice.
- Represented architects in negotiating design agreements for residential, commercial and mixed use projects throughout the United States, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
- Represented owners in negotiating agreements with architects and contractors for new home construction and renovation of cooperative and condominium apartments.
- Represented contractors in negotiating agreements for construction and renovation of houses and apartments.
- Represented developers in negotiating full range of construction agreements for mixed use high-rise developments.
- Achieved favorable settlement of high-seven-figure delay and disruption claim by subcontractor on major public infrastructure project.
- Successfully defended landscape architect against child’s personal injury claim alleging defective playground design.
- Achieved favorable settlement of suit against condominium architect alleging multiple building defects and cost overruns.
- Successfully defended suit against architect alleging undermining of adjacent property.
- Successfully defended wrongful death claim alleging defective design of window from which plaintiff’s decedent fell.
- Achieved favorable award for copyright infringement for an architect in arbitration.