- Practice Areas
- Commercial Litigation/Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Commodities, Futures and Derivatives
- Construction Law
- Corporate and Commercial Transactions
- Employment and Employee Benefits Law
- Health Care Law
- Income Taxation
- Intellectual Property
- International Law
- Real Estate
- Trust and Estates
Corporate and Commercial Transactions
Menaker & Herrmann LLP represents private businesses and professional service firms with respect to general corporate, securities and commercial law matters. The Firm assists with the structuring of business and professional service entities, including corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and joint ventures. We draft and negotiate agreements between the owners of business entities, including shareholders’ agreements, operating agreements and partnership contracts. The Firm assists with respect to corporate transactions, including private investments, mergers and acquisitions and buyouts of ownership interests.
We also represent corporate borrowers in connection with commercial loan and secured transactions and render legal opinions on behalf of borrowers to various commercial lenders concerning the enforceability of certain credit facility agreements. We also assist clients with general commercial transactions, including sales and distributorship contracts and licensing agreements.
Our commercial clients are engaged in a wide variety of businesses, including manufacturing, outdoor advertising, telecommunications, real estate management and services, graphic design, transportation, software and information technology, health care and money management. We also represent professional businesses including law, accounting, actuarial, business appraisal, and architectural and engineering firms with respect to their business needs as well as their specialized professional needs.
- Represented U.S. subsidiary of public UK engineering firm in connection with a $22 million acquisition of a US engineering firm.
- Acted as New York counsel in connection with a $70 million acquisition of an information technology client by a venture capital firm.
- Rendered legal opinion on behalf of an offshore investment fund in connection with an $11 million credit facility.
- Rendered legal opinion on behalf of a private school in connection with a $7 million loan facility.
- Represented physician in the acquisition of a medical practice.
- Advised bank holding company board on Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance and related corporate governance issues.
- Revised investment advisor’s disclosure documents.