- Practice Areas
- Commercial Litigation/Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Commodities, Futures and Derivatives
- Construction Law
- Corporate and Commercial Transactions
- Employment and Employee Benefits Law
- Health Care Law
- Income Taxation
- Intellectual Property
- International Law
- Real Estate
- Trust and Estates
Menaker & Herrmann LLP‘s intellectual property practice keeps pace with this rapidly developing area of commercial law. Many of our individual clients, including authors, inventors, engineers, design professionals and entrepreneurs active in the computer and new media industries turn to us for help in protecting their ideas and work product. We also provide intellectual property counseling for our general corporate clients.
As intellectual property rights assume increasing importance in the world economy, they produce a widening variety of legal issues because of the many ways in which such rights can be exploited or infringed across national borders. We help our clients protect their rights both at home and in the global marketplace.
The Firm’s commercial litigation resources also come into play where intellectual property issues arise. The Firm litigates trademark, trade secret and copyright cases in both state and federal courts. In addition, we are familiar with and participate in alternative dispute resolution procedures that reduce the cost of resolving matters concerning infringement or other intellectual property misuse.
A number of the Firm’s lawyers are active in intellectual property arenas outside the office as well, where they participate in bar association committees and author articles for intellectual property publications. We are thoroughly familiar with the Internet, both as a research tool and as a source of potential legal issues.
- Won arbitration for architect against owner on the grounds of copyright infringement of the architect’s designs.
- Represented clients in connection with intellectual property licensing agreements.
- Brought domain dispute resolution proceedings under the rules of ICANN.
- Represented clients in drafting and reviewing theatrical production and co-production agreements.