- Practice Areas
- Commercial Litigation/Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Commodities, Futures and Derivatives
- Construction Law
- Corporate and Commercial Transactions
- Employment and Employee Benefits Law
- Health Care Law
- Income Taxation
- Intellectual Property
- International Law
- Real Estate
- Trust and Estates
Trust and Estates
Menaker & Herrmann LLP is equipped to provide a wide range of trust and estates services to our individual clients and to employees of our corporate clients. We have substantial experience in drafting wills and in reviewing with our clients the complex legal and personal issues that may arise in the preparation of a proper estate plan or drafting of a will. Whether an individual has a small estate with a simple plan of disposition or a large estate with complex issues of capital preservation, business continuity, or competing demands of family members, our attorneys have the experience to address these issues in a competent and direct manner. In addition to preparation of wills, we are adept at the preparation of inter vivos trusts (including Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts, Qualified Personal Residence Trusts, Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts, and Charitable Remainder Annuity Trusts), testamentary trusts, health care proxies, and the various other legal instruments that are useful to assist a client in reaching her estate planning objectives. We focus on developing and implementing integrated estate plans that not only address estate tax, income tax and personal planning, but also coordinate the disposition of various beneficial interests, including interests in closely held businesses subject to contractual arrangements, jointly owned assets, pension and IRA benefits and life insurance and other death benefits.
- Prepared and implemented three "Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts" ("GRATs") for financial client to contribute publicly traded stock in three financial companies that lost significant market value in the 2008 stock market decline.
- Prepared and implemented irrevocable dynasty trust that invested in new venture with substantial future growth potential.
- Structured and implemented creditor protection plan to transfer father’s business to LLC owned by irrevocable discretionary trust set up for the benefit of a debtor son.
- Structured and implemented dynasty trusts for multi-million dollar insurance policies on life(s) of grantor(s).